2nd of 2 Frocks, vintage sewing pattern - thrift shop find Folkwear #108 Black Forest Smock



A friend of mine is a fantastic designer and creator of knit, felt and fashion. He found a vintage pattern at the thrift store and brought it to me to see if I wanted to sew it. He cooks fantastic food when I'm crafting so I played with fun fabric and got fed delicious food.

The pictures I'm showing use silk screened designs by my friend on silk curtain panels. In order to be efficient on cutting the fabric, I turned the back into 2 pieces instead of cut on the fold. I managed to find a really nice coordinating broadcloth for this piece. It turned out that it was the first piece of fabric I've purchased in 2015!




With the dainty silk I chose not to put the pockets in. Although I could use the practice based on how my pockets worked out on the first on.

I forgot to take a picture of the first one I made. My friend has added sequin appliques since I made it and it looks very good.

I now have another pattern and fabric from my friend and I think there will be candy while I sew this time.

Comments