Something only slightly different - Monster Tea Cosies

I have been a little busy the last little while, but I found some time to search out an old pattern book.
The book is Beehive Toys and Novelties, it may actually be a Canadian magazine. I couldn't find the copyright details but it only cost 50 cents to the original owner.

With these older patterns I was able to create something I've been thinking about for a while. Wouldn't it be great if your Tea Cozy was a warm little monster, and your teapot's spout was their nose? In the book I'm using there are 3 more styles of tea cozy for me to try and monster up.

Yup, I've been knitting up some traditional tea cozies and then adding felt eyes and mouths to make them Tea Monsters. I'm gonna see if the world wants to buy them here.



So far my Facebook friends seem to like them and one has been gifted away to a happy home already.

Did I ever mention my monster pocket tissue holders? I kind of love monsters.

Comments