A broken leg can slow you down

Way back in February I managed to beak my leg at the ski hill. I am healing up well, but it is my right leg which has hampered regular life for sure.



I was weirdly sure from the morning after my orthopedic surgery facing some serious home recovery time, that sewing wasn't off the table. This leads me to believe that during a large sewing project or major piecework contract sometime I got bored and definitely tried sewing while switching feet or something. Do you have confidence that you could sew with a different foot than usual?

Turns out, recovering from a surgery and healing a broken leg is tiring and while I have spent a lot of time at home, I haven't spent nearly as much time at my sewing machine as I thought I would. I did manage to finish some mending for cash that I had in my house before I got hurt. Also, I managed to set up a cutting table (I usually use the floor, but that is out right now) to work on an upholstery project I have going on.

As a sidenote, a PVC folding table and untrasuede fabric create an incredible amount of static electricity.

Hopefully as I'm getting closer to being considered in one piece and having my leg free from any sort of cast or brace I can get back into my daily routine again.

Progress report and Finished Projects:
Hemmed 3 pairs of exercise pants
adjusted side seams of a yoga shirt
1 old towel converted to 8 cleaning rags
1 of 6 boat cushions completed

Still working on:
5 more boat suchions to be updated to Navy Blue
drafting pockets for floor length cloak
get back to working at maker space improvements
half finished zippered pouch needs finishing
setting a date and time for a photo shoot for product photos for etsy shop (delayed due to Carona virus)










Comments