WTF Friday - You CAN say "NO!" to just plain stuff


I have recently published a post about my messy and cluttered crafting space. Somehow after years of this being how my space looks, I have been motivated to organizee and invest in new furniture and storage to deal with it.

From this frenzy of activitiy, the past few months a bit at a time, I have managed to purge some gifted fabrics that I will never use, sell some larger cuts of fabric that I have realized the project will never be completed by me, and sew something or some part of something most days.

I found a tin on my shelf, that was unlabelled, it is an old Turtles chocolates tin, I thought it contained 3 piece snaps and the pliers that install them. I opened it to see if I have enough for a winter project I'm planning and was faced with what is pictured below, which is definitely not snaps.



This tin has been on my shelf for years and for at least the past year, I thought it contaned something useful to me. It does have useful bits that some other crafter might need, mostly Christmas themed ribbon, appliques and transfers. I have been giving that tin prime shelf space within easy reach of my work table, only to find out that I likely should invest in a label maker.

Reaching back into my memory banks I think I got this tin in a box of sewing supplies from a thoughtful friend. Since I found it and had a truly WTF moment when I opened it, I went through and threw away the too small to use pieces or bits with excess glue on them and have added the remaining items, still in their Turtles chocolates tin, to my donation pile.

With this, I hereby give you permission to donate useful, but not to you, items from your crafty stash that were thoughtfully gifted to you, but are just taking up space. Hopefully, another budding crafter out there will be excited to find these supplies at the thrift store and start crafting themselves.

Comments